During this course, attendees will understand the decisions any business must make to compete and grow. A business has the primary goal of maximising value for its owners.
To achieve this, businesses must make three types of decision regarding (i) investment (ii) financing and (iii) dividend decisions. A business must decide whether to spend funds on investment projects.
We will discuss methods used to evaluate investment opportunities given their risks. We will then look at how to raise funds necessary to finance those investments. Finally we will discuss the dividend decision, whether to pay out to its owners or reinvest profits into the business.
What will you learn
- After attending this class, you will have a sound understanding of the following questions:
- What are the key financial decisions for any business?
- What are the fundamental concepts in making financial decisions?
- Should I finance my business with equity or debt?
- How do I value a business?
- No prior business or finance experience is required to complete this course.